View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #14627
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on "Beggars." Bummer.

As to Cloud Atlas. I think most people do not read it correctly. Yes, you can read it as a reincarnation tale but what it is really about it story itself, how the stories we tell create our reality. It is also about how stories (or lives, if you like) can be connected and have an effect far into the future. What I took away was that Cloud Atlas was asking the question can we tell a story that elevates us from the eat or be eaten of the rest of the animal kingdom.
I found Cloud Atlas to be a miss-mosh of stories with a small thread connecting them together.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote