View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylzhao View Post
could you help me to confirm how long the " a regular orange blinking of the LED in the power button" will remain I have waited 45 min it also have no any change
45 min is too long. The update process (if it works ok) is done in 10-15 minutes. It can be, that it does not reboot by itself (happened to me, too). Before letting it blink away for ever, you better start the device by pressing the power button.

Could you please confirm, that once the update process started, the circling arrows (indicating loading) do/did not show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum View Post
5. pressed the Home+Menu (from the start of bar loading or even before until it was almost full).
6. the same screen appeared (2 arrows indicating loading) for 3 sec. and then the annoying for now 4digits screen popped up.
5. "until it was almost full": What happens if you wait, until it is completely full. It should go all the way to the right and then just stop moving. (And the LED should start blinking)
6. I'm not completely sure (it has been a while since my last recovery procedure), but if I'm not mistaken, as soon as the arrows (indicating loading) show up, the reader has missed to pick up the update process (for whatever reason). I hope jeffreylzhao can confirm this (so I can put it in the wiki)

The rest sounds ok, so either the reader does not like the filesystem formatting, or the package is damaged (maybe download and unpack once more), or you press HOME*MENU too shortly or the bootloader is damaged (but then, it would not boot at all, so this is no option here)
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote