Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Sorry, I technically forgot to say I confirm in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I have it available through inter-library loan, so I'll confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Slightly

One of my top 5 songs of all time (etc. etc.) is "Death and Night and Blood" by the Stranglers, which is about Yukio Mishima. As a result I look forward to giving this month's choice a go .
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
You are, of course, correct.

It does look like a literary book to me, so take that for what it is worth (does this count for a confirmation?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I'll confirm it.

I'm definitely putting this author on the radar of potential reads. I've managed to find a pile of Japanese and Chinese authors that I had never heard of in selecting some of the books for my reading list next year:

Kenzaburo Oe
Gao Zingjian
Ha Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I'll probably sit this one out, as I have a number of other items to deal with, but I would still like to confirm The Sea of Fertility as a literary selection. It has been highly praised and regarded as a masterpiece. Is that OK or is one supposed to confirm a work only if one intends to participate in the discussion?

I'll still follow the thread as sometime I might like to try the novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'll confirm. The reason I held back is because I hadn't heard of the author before now. Based on the description of the book and the background of the author, I would be happy to categorise his works to be literature.

So that is 7 to 10 depending on what interpretation to apply to Orlok's, JohnF.'s, and fantasyfan's posts? Perhaps these three could clarify?