View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #72
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Thanks Xor_. I'll be looking forward to the scrolling fix. Other than that it looks pretty nice so far. I need to get some pdf files moved to check that part out still.

EDIT:
I moved some PDFs into a directory I could reach without scrolling. There are still a few issues if you try to go to landscape. It works, but you can't open the lower menu and change font size, or even change back to portrait mode. Even worse, exiting and opening the file again after a reboot opens it in landscape again and you can't change it back... The memory of which way it was last displayed would be a great feature, if you could actually get out of that mode again! Fortunately renaming the pdf "fixes" it, but don't touch that landscape button again...

I think that something is up with where you should touch for things once you enter the landscape mode. You have to touch the top of the reader screen to get the top menu despite the display having rotated and touching the sides of the display still turn pages as though it was in portrait mode. Apparently the screen rotates, but the location of the touch areas remains 90 degrees off as they would be for portrait mode? With the possible exception of the touch area for the lower menu, as that does not seem to work at all. Unless it got flipped onto the right side of the display(portrait mode) and somehow the next page turn being sensed at that area trumps it.(Wild guess)

That aside, it's a pretty nice looking reader and the reflow works pretty well other than some odd word breaks. If the File Manager used a larger font for easier touch control and you integrate the scrolling it'll be pretty good -but, the scrolling alone will do.

Thanks again for compiling it for the rest of us and all the tweaking you're doing.

Last edited by TechniSol; 05-11-2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Time marches forward, and there was more to say.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote