View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
The scourge of the US ebookstores, regional restrictions, has now reared its ugly head in the UK.
I just tried to buy some ebooks from WH Smiths ebook store and upon checkout I received an error message stating that one or more ebooks were not available for purchase in my region. I guess they have just lost a customer if they are going to do this.
I was able to go to Waterstones and buy the offending ebook without any issue, so I wonder how long it will be before Waterstone's employ the same onerous restriction
I discovered the same thing yesterday--including going to Waterstones and being able to buy the ebook there. It teed me off. If I wanted to buy a paperback copy of that book, no one would bat an eye--they'd just charge me out the wazoo for shipping. Why shouldn't it be the same for the ebook???

Looks like I might be using gift vouchers and getting a new account that doesn't identify me as being from the US from now on.

Last edited by wallflower75; 09-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote