View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #17869
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
One that I have yet to read is "The French Lieutenant's Woman," but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I read The French Lieutenant's Woman back in the early 1970's. It was probably my favorite book I read in that decade. I still remember the beautiful last paragraph pretty much word for word. Must have struck a chord. It influenced my reading choices for years, sending me on a Thomas Hardy and existentialist binge. I then spent the 1980's reading all of Thomas Merton as an antidote, while also trying to lighten up. Ah, youth.

The Magus and The Collector were very different books, but I loved the way he wrote anything.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote