View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #229
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Kobo is worthy of consideration.

First thing I noticed is it's much more easier/comfortable to hold than the NOOK. Nice balanced substantial feel without using a cover.

Home screen looks better in person. When looking at the videos I kept thinking it was too plain (compared to NOOK). At first glance one may prefer the NOOK's home screen, but after using the NOOK many don't care for it, and avoid it.

While I was typing this, it went into sleep mode. A book cover is displayed with the percentage read underneath. The image doesn't take up the full screen. I saw a post in the Kobo forum requesting a bigger image. Maybe we'll see this change.

The Kobo wins hands down for rendering text in the most eye pleasing manner. The latest update propels them to the forefront. it's unbelievable how you have granular control over margins, line spacing, and font size. The Kobo has spacing between paragraphs, which I thought would be a negative. You don't sacrifice word count because you can fine tune line spacing and margins to a greater degree than the NOOK.

I've attached pictures comparing the same book with same font style (Amasis). The margins on both are set to the smallest setting. This book on the Kobo is much more visually appealing to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0045.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	73711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0047.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	73712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0048.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	73713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0049.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	73714  

Last edited by SCION; 07-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote