View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
My take on a rooted/CM7 Nook Color is that it is fine as a tablet for reading books, but substandard as a tablet in general. Everything is just a bit too slow, a bit too laggy, and because it only has the one hard-key rather than the multiples that Android at the time expected you have to have a soft-key bar up all the time, and I found selecting the right icon from that to be a hit and miss affair.
Once you've got a reading app installed, and if that is all you want to do with it, none of that should really matter, but if you want a general Android tablet, this won't give a fair impression of what they are capable of, compared to something modern like a Nexus 7.
I agree, I got a refurb Nook Color +n2a card for the kids last Christmas, and it is ok.....runs fine on the Nook side, which we never use. The NC side is, as murraypaul says, a little laggy, a little slow, and the battery life is not too good. But at least they can play Angry Birds Star Wars for free, which they can't do on my Fire. I would much rather have an open android tablet, such as the Nexus, than a tablet that is dedicated as a color reader and tied to a store like the B&N tablets are. Much as I would love the new Fire, I would rather spend the money (if I had any haha) on a Nexus.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote