View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrafzv View Post
I connected PuTTy to my Kindle Touch (v5.10) and am ready to type in some commands with your help please.
If anyone is confident about a safe command for any of the following please contribute.

1) To rename the browser (a convinient way of disabling web browsing)
2) To rename the store browser.
3) Convert the kindle from KSO to ad-free (after extracting the AdToggle extention it was still not showing up in the launcher GUI. I dont know why)
4) Disable/ruin the abbility to use wifi (beyond kindle's "turn of wireless" option)

Please reply to any you know.
Thanks a million folks!
1) not required if no network access
2) not required if no network access
3) Your Amazon account panel, or call customer service
4) Remove or disconnect the wifi device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote