View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Well, I've never worried about charging while it's 'on', but usually do it when it's 'off' after I've finished reading.

A few minutes ago my battery symbol showed about 3/4 green, so I just plugged it into a generic 1 amp usb wall charger I have to see what would happen. When it's charging I usually see the green level in the battery symbol moving back and forth between the current level and full, but this time it wasn't doing anything, so I didn't think this charger was working for me. By the time I got my Kobo charger, the symbol was just about "empty" (white), so I plugged in the Kobo charger instead and it showed a little lightning bolt in the middle of the white battery symbol. It remained the same after turning the device off and on again. When I unplugged the charger I got a warning that my battery level was 10% and I should charge it. What happened? Did I damage the battery by trying to charge it with too little current, or break the battery monitor? I'll leave it on the Kobo charger for a couple of hours to see what happens. If I have to do a factory reset to correct this, will I lose any apps I've added and any sideloaded books?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote