View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I think it's one of Apple's more stupid moves. They want 3% of all sales and weren't getting it. They forced the issue and now.... They still aren't getting 3% of sales and folks are still reading on their Kindle and Nook apps. What next? Ban the ebook apps?
This is my thinking, too, and it's a bit odd overall. Apple MUST have known that Amazon/Nook/etc. would just pull the in-app purchasing rather than pay. Is Apple thinking that THIS -- not being able to buy in-app -- will be the key decision in terms of whether people shop from iBooks or somewhere else? Because, if so, Apple surely must realize that many, many users join a bookstore ecosystem for the eInk device and just use the tablet/phone app to keep synced.

Or did they really think that this would be a worthwhile profit maker from the little apps that couldn't afford to just turn off buying? I can't see it -- the measly amounts of revenue they generate cannot possibly be worth the bad press and customer frustration.

I just don't understand Apple sometimes.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote