View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
@Xendula: no, this is not supposed to be a PocketBook vs. Kindle competition, but the OP asked about the PocketBook Touch and you introduced the Kindle into the discussion.
That was in reponse to his/her request for advice for the best ereader for his/her requirements!

I am actually suprised that no Kobo users have come forward, since Kobo offer content in a mulitude of languages.

Text to speech support in different languages is indeed a plus if it supports Spanish and English, which it probably does, and it sounds like there may be more font options on the Pocketbook.

I stand by my recommendation, however, because of the ease of use to purchase foreign content even from the device itself, the dictionaries, and also because of the larger screen resolution, frontlit screen and user interface (jumping between books is equally only two clicks away (home, open book) and instantaneous.

ePub with Adobe DRM is indeed the standard in Germany as well, yet Amazon has the largest selection of bestseller ebooks in German. This may or may not be the case with Spanish content, and as to English content, it does not seem to make a difference. Spanish and English are the language requirements of the OP.

There is really no need to argue with me over my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own, and, the way I see it, the OP just got two recommendations. Let's hope we'll hear from users of other readers as well.

Last edited by xendula; 12-23-2012 at 01:13 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote