View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Now the same seller has a cover that has a magnetic closure like the original cover!

The magnetic closure is done a bit clumsy - the magnet is visible when the cover is open - not as nice as the invisible from original. I noticed that they are really trying to make an exact copy of the original cover. At first it was looking nice to have kindle on the cover, but they are stepping closer and closer into the grey zone. The black wrap around is also gone in this iteration - they stole another feature from the original - the colored plastic around the device itself.

And since they are clearly marking it with the kindle-logo, they send the clear message: This is everything the original cover has, but this rip-off is a lot cheaper.

Do I think the Amazon cover is priced a bit expensive? Yes definately, but I don't regret getting it. Partly you pay for the brand name, but also since it is branded it comes with the peace of mind that it was engineered to work and look good with the PW. I think for my own cover I will refrain from a copy-cat and choose the one with clasp from post #27. Other than color it will look also different than my wifes. Plus it makes it clear that it is an aftermarket case.

Update: just ordered the coffee colored one with clasp. Anyone needs a picture once it arrives, just howler.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-08-2012 at 08:37 AM.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote