View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
EternalCyclist
EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomashg View Post
nothing works.
The recipe in the opening post did not work for me either. But it was a good guide, anyway.

First, you set up the image on an ARM machine? If not:
Spoiler:
Code:
debootstrap --arch=armel testing --foreign /mnt/debian http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
And then after chrooting into it on your Kindle:
Code:
debootstrap --second-stage

Here is the initscript I am using on the Kindle. To setup the chroot environment.
Maybe you have to create some mount points manually at the first run after mounting /mnt/debian.

Spoiler:
Code:
mount -o loop -t ext3 /mnt/base-us/k5debian.ext3 /mnt/debian
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/debian/dev
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/debian/dev/pts
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/debian/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/debian/sys
mount -o bind /mnt/us /mnt/debian/mnt/us
cp /etc/hosts /mnt/debian/etc/hosts
echo "Debian init complete"

k5debian.ext3 is accessed via /mnt/base-us and not via /mnt/us because of apt-get problems otherwise. It seems to work, but is dangerous, when /mnt/us is mounted via usb on the host PC.

I think it is high time to update https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Debi...n_Kindle_Touch

Last edited by EternalCyclist; 11-01-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Note about using /mnt/base-us
EternalCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote