View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Never had an in-air problem thus far, but we did just barely get out of the newest Air France terminal at Charles De Gaulle airport not long after it first opened, you know, the day it literally seperated from the rest of the airport and fell to the ground.
I personally like avoiding CDG like the plague. Just find it a nightmare experience. And don't get me started on the Air France flight cancellation policy.

A colleague came from CDG to a UK regional airport, and arrived sans luggage. He wandered up the lost luggage and opened his mouth to ask if there are any problems, but before they could speak the assistant asked if he had just come from CDG. He asked if there were some known problems with CDG. "No, " replied the assistant, "but most people who have lost luggage come from CDG." The ensuing conversation highlighted that CDG seems to use the same baggage handling mechanism as used by the new LHR-T5, combined with a wonderful ability to use a Gaullic shrug when things go wrong.

On a few occasions I've done Paris->Geneva. Much much prefer the train. It might take a little longer, but there is so much more space, its so much more comfortable, you have your luggage with you, you avoid CDG and you don't get presented with something airlines insultingly try to pass off as food (okay; so I travel cattle class).

I recently had a trial glider flight. Absolutely fabulous. I spent most of the time looking around and briefly trying the controls. Strangely, I was enjoying it too much to notice I was flying, if that makes sense. I wonder if anyone who is scared of flying has ever tried gliding. Though the instructor's briefing on the use of the paracute might not have helped....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote