View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #33
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As I said, the special offers seem to be tailing off for the KSO. And no new big-name advertisers seem to be jumping on-board. You say; "worked quite well," I say; "pretty much tapped out."
If you look at the kindle boards, the only complaint seems to be that special offers are not available to other kindle owners. When people asked if the ads were annoying, here is a typical response:

Quote:
I definitely think it is worth it. I don't find the ads annoying at all. I look forward to seeing the new ones. Just recently I got a $20 gift card for $10 and at the same time got $20 off of $30 or more of tools. Combining those two I got $30 worth of tools for free and still had my initial investment of $10 left on a gift card. I got the half off the lighted cover as well. There are some Oil of Olay ads but if you don't like them you just cycle the power and it will switch to a new one. The ads only show on the screen saver and on the last line of the home page. They don't show at all when reading. If you keep your kindle in a case (which you should anyway to protect it) you will rarely see the ads anyway.
AMAZON FORUM

I would have to say that the KSO has been a big success for Amazon. They are extending the model everywhere they can:

Quote:
Kindle and Kindle 3G with Special Offers are already the bestselling Kindles, and customers report that they love the money-saving special offers. Today, Amazon.com, Inc. announced that Kindle and Kindle 3G with Special Offers customers will soon start receiving special offers from AmazonLocal on their Kindle screensavers when they aren't reading. AmazonLocal on Kindle with Special Offers is launching in New York City and expanding to all AmazonLocal cities later this year.
LINK

The news that the Special Offers model is "tapped out" apparently hasn't made it to Amazon customers or management. May be you should send them an email.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote