View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Translation comments

Since I've been working with the Spanish translation of Calibre, I've noticed some issues I'd like to comment, and I thought it's better to start a new thread (and not to report them as bugs yet):

1. It seems some strings are untranslated. For instance, in the output of "ebook-convert a.mobi b -h", things like "STRUCTURE DETECTION:", or "--authors=AUTHORS" (I mean the AUTHORS here), or "Created by", or "Whenever you pass..."

2. In some dialogs the hotkeys are not working, instead of underlined letters in the labels, the coded & can be seen. It's fine in English since those strings don't have &, but I naïvely included the &'s in Spanish... and messed it up I mean, in particular, the PDF Input and PDB, PDF and TXT Output tabs in Conversion preferences.

3. Would it be possible to allow one or two days for the translation of new strings before a new release of Calibre?

4. When running ebook-convert with no arguments, this part of the output looks redundant:

Quote:
After specifying the input and output file you can customize the conversion by specifying various options. the available options depend on the input and output file types. To get help on them specify the input and output file and then use the -h option.

You can also get detailed help on all the options any input/output pair of formats supports by specifying the -h flag after the input and output filenames.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote