Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
My Glo battery doesn't last as long as I hoped, I get about 8-9 hours reading time per charge (with WiFi off, light on about half the time), and find myself needing to charge it every second day. It doesn't seem to lose charge while in sleep mode though, just while reading.
My GF's Glo has similar awful battery life. She only uses the light about 1/3 of the time, max, WiFi is always off. She reads probably 2 hours a day.

Charged fully 2 days ago, and it's down to about 1/3 left. We upgraded her from a Touch, which was significantly better. Thought maybe it needed to be re-calibrated, so I did a paperclip reset, but it made no difference.

I'm just getting her to compile some more accurate figures, then firing off a letter to Kobo support for service info.

UPDATE: Jan 17
---------------
3 days after a full charge, it went dead on Sleep mode, WiFi off. Sent the details to Kobo, and they're supposed to be sending me a replacement. I hope it's new/near new, as this one was hosed out-of-the-box.

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 01-17-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Update
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote