View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
What are you talking about?? I'm in Canada where it's ALWAYS higher than pretty much everywhere else! lol I paid $180 for my T1 up here rather than buying it cheaper in the States. The guy at the store said he'd give me a good price on some old 350's so I felt I should buy the T1 from him. He gave me a good price but the 350's had various problems and I returned them and got stuck with an overpriced reader.

I almost never buy anything up here and buy my stuff in the States where it's much cheaper. Books, food, music, clothes, movies, electronic toys...some are getting closer with the value of the dollars being so close but not that long ago there was huge sticker shock on everything here!! :O There still is on so many things.

I buy milk in the US for $1.08 - $2 for a gallon. Up here that same size is over $5. I don't buy it but that's what people tell me and I see in flyers. When I buy over the counter medicine in the US there's no tax. yay! Here, not only is the item price much higher but then they hit you with 13% on top of it. fffft!

Target is up here now but the prices are NOT what they are in the States. Well how come you ask??? The lovely folks at Target Canada tell us that that's what the market will bear so that's what they do. In other words, everybody else charges more & Canadians will pay it so we might as well too. Yay Welcome to Canada!! LOL eesh
Sorry, I did not realise that you Canadians suffer the same way we Europeans do when it comes to pricing of things like this. I naturally assumed that having an open border between Canada and the US meant that the price of goods was pretty much on par - seems like I was wrong.

But I have to say the policy of selling cheap in the US seems to have come back and bitten them when it came down to the T3.

No doubt I will ruffle a few feathers buy saying this, but I admire the stance that Sony has taken in not bowing to the US market - they make a quality product and as such deserve to get some reward for that.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote