View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #886
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Exclamation

Breaking news:
  • Dropbox app has just been upgraded to Version 2.1, and the most important improvement, from the point of view of a Marvin user, is that now you get the option to see your files sorted "by date modified". This could be useful if your newest additions don't happen to appear in that listing of 1000 Dropbox files right inside Marvin.
  • Dropbox app now has its internal PDF viewer (unimportant to me).
  • Kindle app has now been upgraded to Version 3.6, and it introduces 4 (!) highlight colours. Hellooooo, Amazooooon, wake up, wake up! It took them 3.6 versions to figure out that multi-colour highlights are an essential feature on an iDevice, because it ain't the good ol' black&white Kindle device? Well, "better late than never", I suppose. Now we only need to wait another 10-15 years for the Kindle app to catch up with some of the other elementary features still missing in it today. By the way, Marvin now offers 5 highlight colours -- the ideal number, in my experience.
  • The most relevant for Marvin in the new Kindle app version, to quote: "Brightness Control -- the brightness setting will now be saved across device sleeps."
The last item suggests, Kris, that Amazon managed to get iOS's "brightness bug" under control (see discussions earlier in this thread). This gives me hope that perhaps you could also make Marvin remember its own brightness setting "across device sleeps".