View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
Someone should let those on the Entourageedge.com site know that no one can register for the forum. Right after i ordered mine on Woot, I went there and tried; tried again today. The registration is closed -- only existing users can keep chatting (till the end?).

It's too bad, but it's the nature of high tech. Once a product goes into production, its longevity is based on how innovative and well designed and executed it was. Everything that comes after has that static product to shoot at, and parts prices fall as parts capability increase.

Tablets are a very hot market. As the sector attracts attention and sales, so many unforeseen applications are driving the development of better components, like screens, processors and batteries. Ironically, this "race" is like laptops on steroids.

I'm happy I picked up a unit (the PE) at the low end of its price, and with enough capability that it will have niche use value until it fails. No one should expect to find the "ultimate" tablet for a couple of years!
Yes, I've been trying to register for the forum for several days. Thank you for not confirming my suspicion that I am an idiot or crazy!

I have tried everything under the sun I can try with no success. If I pick register, I am automatically put back into the place telling me that I am already registered -- but not for the forum. So if you try to register for the forums as a new member, you get told that you are already registered, but you can't actually register for the forums!
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote