View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #949
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I have just started an illustrated omnibus of the Beatrix Potter children's stories (Peter Rabbit, etc).
Good, that will save me re-doing The Peter Rabbit Stories in ePub. Tell me if you want my source files.

Quote:
If anyone has a lead for either of these two, I will give you two gold stars and a chocolate-chip cookie!
I could probably scan the illustrations from a modern edition of her complete tales (the text wouldn't help you, it's in Spanish), but the book is in another country, so that would take time. I may also be able to find something in the local library, although I don't have a good scanner here.

Quote:
@Jellby --- ok, I've been away for a bit. What's your decision? Alas, I have never worked with a wiki, doesn't it need special markup language? Let me know what help you need.
No decision yet, still working in the first volume for both translations. But I've uploaded all Payne volumes to Wikisource, and "wikified" the text of the first volume (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_B..._and_One_Night).

For proofreading Burton's translation, not much is needed, just compare the text with the scan and click on "edit" on the wiki side to fix errors. The markup is very simple and can be ignored if you just focus on the text, and not on the format. Proofreading Payne's translation is a bit more complicated, because it has to be done in the "page" interface, (like here) and things like footnotes and sidenotes are a little more involved.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote