View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Book Reader Scam on eBay

I have been watching eBay for a Book Reader, since I am overseas. I found an auction for one with a message saying that it would cost $250 for the reader but to contact him off site. Also, there was a strange picture in the auction and it was in the wrong location. I emailed him and got this in return.

Hi, the system is new in box, 1 year warranty, comes with all accesories. My paypal adress is unavailable at this time and i require the payment through western union money transfer. I will ship within 24 hours after the payment is done using the UPS Air Services so you may receive the unit in less then 72 hours.
For our protection we will do this deal trough ebay and our transaction will be supervised by ebay safe harbour team.

The total amount is 250 $ including the shipping and insurance fees.

If you wish to start the transaction i will need the following info :

Ebay Username :
First Name :
Last name :
Address :
City :
State :
Zip Code :
Email address :

I will contact ebay as soon as i receive the info. In shortly time you will receive an invoice from ebay. You must read carefully the invoice. There you will have all instructions about payment.

Regards

Yep, I fell of the turnip truck yesterday. I know a fun thing to do is to string these guy along but I can't be bothered. I would put a link to the eBay auction but they removed it.

The search continues.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote