View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #50
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I have a kobo, and just trying to select a menu option sometimes can get frustrating because it's so slow. So unless they made it so that when using the dpad you can move the cursor faster, I'll bet it will frustrate people.

Also, I had a regular cell phone not too long ago that I had to use for texting and I remember how I had to hit a number 6 times to get the letter I wanted because I missed it the first time. I have a blackberry curve now, and I love the qwerty keyboard.

Maybe I just don't have the patience that most people have
Didn't you ever use t9 predictive text?

To a certain extent, you could use a similar idea to greatly reduce key strokes for many functions. I can imagine a system that would reduce selecting most letters down to no more than three presses on the D-Pad. Still not as easy as a full keyboard, but probably sufficient for the needs of most users.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote