View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #462
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taza View Post
I did a search and could not find a request like this so please forgive me if i missed it.

I would like to be able to save and have the option to view more than one cover for each book.
Sometimes books have UK covers, US covers, Hard Back Covers and revised covers all for the same book. I would like a way to save all the different covers for the book and have the option to see just the one cover in the book details section or smaller thumbnails of a number or all of each different cover showing.
Also if only the one cover showing have the option to have it randomly pick a different cover for that book (if it has more than one cover available) ea time book is viewed.

If the book has been made into a movie i sometimes like to see both covers the one before the movie and the one re-released with a different cover because of the movie. JK Rowlings being a good example she had two different covers before the movies even were thought of one for the adults and one for the kids, then the movies came out and the movie covers were released.

I hope this is possible and you understand what i mean.

Thanks
Taza
Calibre only deals with one cover
There can only be one 'Cover' declared in an EPUB (guide section)

I use Sigil to add 'Alternate' covers, back covers to the book. These are just images and should never precede the declared cover (some programs interpret the first image as the cover)

Another choice is to use a image editor (ie paintshop) to stitch the images into a single 'cover' image, Which Calibre (polish,Modify Epub) can update the book with.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote