View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Interesting topic for discussion. My own experience has gone both ways: Loved Robinson Crusoe and a kid, as an adult I didn't care for it. Loathed Great Expectations as a teenager, very much enjoyed it in my early 30's.

Loved the Magus at 21 and in my mid-thirties, but the sense of awe the first time around was largely absent 15 years later - due to greater maturity, cynicism, or maybe just because I knew what to expect the second time around, I'm not sure. I still thought it was a damn good read though.

Some of the science fiction I loved as a gawky teen I now find silly - but I still love Ender's Game, of course.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote