View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #22459
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I'll pass that on.

Bancha in one mug, oatmeal in the other, and a napping Lucas in his crib.

So last night didn't totally suck. It took 40 minutes around 7 PM. He woke up at 1:30 for his bottle, two hours later than he normally does. I feed him and put him in his crib. 20 minutes later with some gentle patting and soothing "its time to sleep" he fell asleep in his crib. He woke up at 5, for his morning feeding, right on schedule. I got to play with him since I don't work on Saturday. He started rubbing his eyes and yawning at 6:30. I put him in his crib and he feel asleep in his crib at 6:50.

We are using the pick up/put down method. When he cries you pick him up and calm him. As soon as he is calm you put him down. You do not pick him up if he is crying but moving around because he is trying to find a sleeping position. You pat his back. I patted his back when he was gently crying and stopped as soon as he did.

I couldn't do cry it out. I just don't think it is right to let him cry like that. This way he knows that we are there to help him but there is opportunity for him to learn how to settle himself. Hopefully the rest of todays naps go as well as this one and tonight goes well.

He is such a good little guy. He has a great disposition and is so much fun. Adding in sleeping well and I will be one over joyed Mommy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote