Thread: Troubleshooting Paperwhite Battery Meter Error
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It appears the Paperwhite can NOT ever be taken down to zero charge. The occurrance of that screen showing a large battery icon discharged and a wire leading to a current icon is probably way above the zero level. That screen also prevents further use until charged. That screen was never present in the Kbd or Fire.

If the battery had really gone to zero, the screen would have gone totally blank as had happened with the Kindle Kbd WiFi once and the Kindle Fire 7" 1st Gen twice.

The problem with my PW unit is the battery METER still does not reflect usage. I've been reading now in this cycle 2 hours and 26 minutes and the meter still shows almost full. Thus, it is useless for determining at what level the battery is at unless it "learns" how to measure battery energy over time.

My work around is to just keep reading and recording time usage until the warning screen appears. Then I can simply just charge one hour before it happens in the future until the meter starts working properly at some point.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote