View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #9
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thank you for the all suggestions so far!

Xenophone, I knew that Baen are a publishing company. There are many Baen books among the hundreds and hundreds of book I bought in the past.

But, I couldn't find the latest series by Lois McMaster Bujold, "The sharing knife". (I bought the first book on Sony Connect). I now realize the books have been published by HarperCollins and not Baen. But they have all of her older Vorkosigan series.

Anyway, that was probably why I got the impression they carry mostly older books. I didn't mean to sound negative about Baen. They are a great company and very forward thinking. I simply meant that I had looked at their website and there was nothing I wanted to buy there right at this moment. But I have by no means crossed them off my list.

And as you mentioned, they are a publishing house not a book store, and so I was looking for suggestions on e-book stores, who might have a wide selection of ebooks in various formats.

I guess I was hoping for something easier than having to convert from LIT files. I've been playing with that, using some of the excellent suggestions and tutorials found here. So far to produce a really professional looking ebook from a LIT file appears to be a rather painstaking process. I'm still playing with BD and trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Last edited by angelyne; 06-28-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: minor typo
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote