View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
What I really don't understand is, although the book appears on my Nook Glowlight and I can read it, when I connect the device to Windows I cannot see it in Windows Explorer. I can only see my own books I have sideloaded.
B&N partitions the memory of the Nooks into an area where their purchased content is stored and where your sideloaded content is stored. They hide the partition where purchased content is stored and that's why you can't see it in Windows Explorer. I think it's annoying but that's the way it is.

The US website allows you to purchase books directly from it as well as view your library and download or delete books. That's how I get a backup of my purchases. I don't even have the Nook desktop software installed on my computer. Does the UK website not allow you to see your purchases in your account?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote