Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #64
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Would pressing heated wires into the plastic work to make the grooves? Then remove wires, sand plastic surface flat, and attach wires into grooves. Worth a try, perhaps.
That is approximately "Plan C".

"Plan D":
Due to the technical difficulty, I just sent off an inquiry to a laminates house for the proper thickness of single sided pc board.

That should be interesting, am trying to prepare myself for "sticker shock".

Also, how many of these tabs can a person cut out of a 3 foot x 4 foot sheet?
Duh....
Hello, e-bay - I got some spares to sell.

Edit: The answer is: 96 x 1728 == 165,887 spares (I kept one for myself).

Next, (while waiting for the price) go find an old DVDrom drive to turn into a plastic cutter for "Plan C".

Edit:
Phooey! None of the printed flex circuits are the correct pitch to match J-14.
The one to the transport drive motor was so close I had to use a microscope to confirm that it would not work.

Last edited by knc1; 11-01-2012 at 03:27 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote