View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
It is a lot of reports that says the DX lacks native pdf support and that it doesn´t necessarily renders the pdfs well. You can not zoom for instance.. I mostly read scientific papers as pdfs so it is pretty important to me.
OK, I read some of the DX user guide that you can get online. From the user guide:

Quote:
Kindle DX can display a PDF document without losing the formatting of the original file. Just drag PDF files over USB or e-mail them to your dedicated Kindle e-mail address (found on the Settings page on Kindle or the Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon.com). We will wirelessly deliver the original file directly to your Kindle for a fee. For details, see the “Your orders and individual charges” section of your Manage Your Kindle page for your Kindle DX on Amazon.com.
When you display a PDF is portrait mode is automatically crops the margins to give you the best display it can. You can also rotate the kindle to landscape mode and the PDF will zoom and show you the top of the document and you can scroll down.

You might want to grab the users guide to the DX. At this point the only other option for a large screen reader that does support hyperlinks is the iRex DR1000s which is $860. Not sure if hyperlink support is worth the extra $370.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote