View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've been having a problem with the Kindle app; with one book (of which I'm aware; I don't know if the problem is more widespread), the screen goes to white and is dead. I have to dump the card, restart the app, and the same thing happens. The problem was not with the book, which reads perfectly on the Kindle app on my Touch.

I googled the problem and I'm not the only one. It seems as if closing out all running programs will let the book launch and read successfully, but it's a nuisance. It mostly matters to me in that I've been indulging in a few good deals at Amazon not available in ePub, thinking I could read them on the Touchpad. I'm disappointed to learn that Amazon is walking away.

Don't know if I'll try hacking at some point or not. I'm a technotyro, so I could easily brick it. In a lot of ways, I like the WebOS and I don't really care about most apps, but I'd really like a way to read my DRMed ePubs. Then the Touchpad could be an all-purpose device for traveling.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote