View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #68
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Normally I don't recommend tie-in fiction, but I've found that Diane Duane is one of the rare writers who can come up with an original and imaginative story that fits into the existing framework without seeming like you're reading an episode re-run script, and actually does something interesting and believable with the setting and characters.

Sadly, even some of my other favourite writers who otherwise do excellent and highly recommended solo work (*cough*Barbara Hambly*cough*) have not managed this trick.

If you've got Kindle for PC/iPhone installed, the 10% sample Amazon supplies of The Bloodwing Voyages takes you about a third of the way into MEMA, by which time the action's been thoroughly and well setup and it'll be pretty easy to decide if the promised payoff is sufficiently compelling, officially licensed fanfic or no.
I do have Kindle for iPhone so I may do that. I adored Duane's _So You Want to be a Wizard_ books.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote