View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Excellent mate. Really. having fun with this.

FOR SURE need to weld in the Geekmaster ordered dithering code into this somewhere.
If you have time try to build it yourself. There are lots of possibilities.
I definitely didn't try all of them.
I tested three renderer types: cairo, opengl and agg. Cairo seems to work better then opengl. And agg doesn't work at all with kindle pixelformat. Opengl still may be build in several manners, so there is still space for new discoveries.

For media handling I tried gstreamer and ffmpeg. Efficiency seems comparable with ffmpeg supporting wider range of formats.

Sound is handled by sdl.

You can also build it with framebuffer or sdl gui.

Last edited by baf; 10-22-2012 at 03:55 AM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote