View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I'm going to hijack a bit since I've never used Mantano...

How fast is it? In my experience:
  • Aldiko has been pretty quick and renders very accurately. It doesn't include any annotation support, but it supports multi-level Table-Of-Contents (although always expanded)
  • Nook for Android used to be slow and render every time. The new version is slow to open the first time but very fast after that ... if it loads (very large books just fail to ever open). It renders accurately and supports multi-level TOC (although always expanded)
  • CoolReader is very fast but renders poorly. The multi-level TOC support is beautifully done. It does not use Adobe's page numbering formula, which is a bummer.
  • Nook Color renders quickly and beautifully. It also annotates well. It totally lacks multi-level TOC support and has no jump-to-page feature.

Can Mantano open password-based Adobe (i.e., B&N) books?

Call me cheap, but $7.49 is past my impulse-buy threshold and Google's 15 minute refund window isn't enough to come to a solid judgement.
Mantano is the best in my opinion. Just sideload the Free Market version and give it a try. It does support multi level TOC and it does a good job. It's fast and renders beautifully! I've tried them all but Mantano is the one that works the best for me. It reads external style sheets really well. Has collections and other ways to organize your library. You can take notes and do many other things with it. I got mine when it was on sale but it's well worth the regular price. The free version does everything but it has Ads.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote