View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyrose View Post
Bit puzzled here. I cannot open the Quick Guide which loads as part of the software - get a windows invalid file format message. And when I click on the down arrow next to the function icons on the top toolbar, it goes round the houses a bit but still generates the invalid file format error eventually.
So you select the Quick Guide book in the library list then press V (or click on the magnifying class) and you receive the windows invalid file format message?

Quote:
I installed 0.7.42 as my first version, not as an update, on PC running XP Pro (standard latest version). Noone has yet told me they have done the same thing successfully on Win XPPro, either they are using Vista or they have upgraded an earlier version.
I did a new install on a Windows XP machine and I have no problems viewing the calibre quick start guide. Exactly how are you trying to open the book?

Quote:
Afraid I have given up on it for the present. I assume, if there is problem installing it for first time users running XP Pro, then when Kindle users who got one for Christmas get round to trying Calibre on XP machines more will report issues. So will await developments.
If you can't view the calibre quick start guide by selecting it in the library view and clicking V then it would seem something is amiss with your install or that particular book in general.

Add some other books and see if you can view them. The library here at Mobileread has many classics ready for download in various formats.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote