View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Scariest Books Ever Written

I always try to fit in some scary books before Halloween to put me in the fall spirit. Can anyone recommend some great scary books? What are your favorites and why?

Some criteria to follow: Crime thrillers don't count. Ergo, Silence of the Lambs doesn't count (I've seen this listed frequently online).

Some of the books I've enjoyed were Lovecraft's works, The Shining and 'Salem's Lot, Something Wicked This Way Comes, the Amityville Horror and I am Legend by Richard Matheson.

As soon as I catch up on some of my grad school reading I'm going to try and fit in some Algernon Blackwood, whom I've never read but hear good things about.

Obviously I enjoy the supernatural stuff, but psychological stuff like Turn of the Screw are also good.

What other King and Matheson books are good? Your favorite classics? What about newer authors? I've heard amazing things about Joe Hill, your thoughts?
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote