View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #54
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Are you *seriously* going to tell me that *no wifi* is the reason why the clock starts going haywire once in a while? That's just...
It sounds ridiculous to me as well, but it's the answer I got when I started posting about it in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Kindle's clock is reset when you reboot the device. It gets set correctly when you connect to Amazon's servers.
My device is not registered with Amazon and so is never connected to their servers. I fail to see why I can't just set the time manually and expect it to keep good time without accessing the internet (or Amazon) like any other device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Heh. I just set the time in the settings. Does that count, or is this too low-tech?
That was my first thought, unfortunately after a few days or a week I suddenly realise that the clock is wrong, not by minutes but by many hours. This happened a number of times until I eventually gave up using the clock altogether.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote