View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #332
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
What could optimization settings for Kobo Glo look like?

it has screen of 122mm x 90,3mm, screen size in pixels is 1024x768. I tried kindle paperwhite settings (-dev kpw) but those do not procude an image that could be used without further fitting (I use vertical fitting, and then I can see the whole page and turn it without scrolling).

Besides, Kobo Glo has the page count bar at the bottom which is 9,3 mm high.

Would it be possible to add Kobo Glo as a -dev preset?
I've never used a Kobo Glo and don't have access to one. I'm not sure what you mean by "vertical fitting." Is this an option on the Glo? It sounds like the page is too tall--wrong aspect ratio. It seems like the dots per inch of the display is about 220 (25.4*768/90.3). Can you experiment with the -w, -h, and -odpi settings? E.g.

k2pdfopt -w 9cm -h 11.3cm -odpi 220 ...

Adjust the values above until you get something you like. Alternatively, you can use pixels for the width and height:

k2pdfopt -w 768 -h 1024 -odpi 220 ...

Let me know and I can add it as a device preset. See also my help page on the topic.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote