View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Do comic book fans even buy comics from B&N? Every time I go in there, there's always a few reading them, but I've never see one actually buy them.

That's the trouble with a medium that can be read in 15 minutes
We went to B&N when looking for comic books for our eldest. We figured they'd have more "child-friendly" versions. As it turned out we ended up going to a comic book shop an hour away becuase it carried a wider variety and the proprietor knew just what we were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The goal is of course not to make this situation permanent. B&N's goal is to make DC change their mind. To me it seems a rational action to stop selling the paper version given this goal.
B&N might get DC to change their mind eventually, but in the meantime, B&N is sending people to the competition. If a customer asks for a digital copy, the answer is "I'm sorry we do not carry them at this time". Then answer any follow up questions appropriately. It really isn't that hard.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote