View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Sure, but as I said, its not just the first page, or the chapter load as you said, but the second page, too. And I didn't mention it before, but if from a chapter page you go *back* to the last page of the previous chapter it'll reset the screen, too....

I find that in dimmer light (indoor) the text fuzziness from no resetting isn't too noticeable -- but in brighter light (such as outdoors) I have to force reset every page by double tapping the 'n;n button or it's too fuzzy.
Finally have my new nook in hand so I don't have to work from memory and conjecture... yes I see that same flash behavior also. I was just suggesting one possible reason. It does seem related to presence of images on a given page rather than chapter boundaries. Probably some anti-ghosting tactic.

And I'm happy to discover that 'intermittent' flashing does not bother me.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-18-2011 at 01:34 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote