Thread: PRC to MOBI
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
What I do is to change the images to jpg and change the quality (not the resolution) so that it fits 64K. And that seems to work in all other readers than the Gen3. For the Gen3 I have to shrink the image and now I shrink it to the width 480. And then it works on the Gen3. But I have example mobi files with images that are 600x800 that works on the Gen3 so there is some issue with the Mobi-file I generate. I spent an hour now seeing if I could solve the problem but I think I give up until I have more time available or I get some good idea of what to test.

So until I update Mobiperl you should use images with max width 480 for it to work on the Gen3. After the update the rescaling will be done automatically.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote