View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmac View Post
I take it that this is a black and while eInk display. I can not think of one reason why I would want a 13inch black and white eInk display. It is too large for books and even newspapers print in colour. Surely they must be working on perfecting colour eInk displays. A large colour eInk would be of interest depending on power consumption and colour quality.
There really isn't a way to "perfect" a colour screen using the microcapsule E-Ink technology, in that the saturation/contrast will always be worse than something like an LCD display. It's just the nature of the beast.

As for a reason to have a large grey-scale only device, there are many who have to read letter/A4 sized PDF documents, and E-Ink technology is fine for that. It's true that people who only read novels and magazines wouldn't find it all that useful, but that doesn't make it useless for everyone.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote