View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Well let me get back into the carrying on also.

I just read a new article that was addressing a second article that said the NYT was doing like the FT with the pay-wall. The new article said that wasn't so. It said the NYT had by design a porous pay-wall, while the FT like the WSJ would allow you to see certain articles and then it would clamp down, though it wasn't as strict as the WSJ.

All subscribed or allowed for the Google 1 look plan where you could slip any one of the papers briefly.

Anyway, now the WP is making me sign in on my old FREE account login in and there is a rumor that they have to also put up a pay-wall. The NYT is keeping track of me by cookies, but not by IP.

For those not so conversant with the abbreviations
NYT New York Times
WP Washington Post
FT Financial Times
WSJ Wall Street Journal.
IHT International Herald Tribune - subsidiary of NYT
IP Internet Protocol

I think also that IHT is going to pay-wall too, but not so sure.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote