View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #42
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I'm now in the middle of Book 12 (Nothing to Lose) of the 17 Reacher books written so far. One Shot(upon which the movie is based) was probably the least interesting to me -- the plot is a bit convoluted and at about the half-way mark, I found I was having trouble mustering any sympathy for any of the characters. Child's books are fast, easy reads so I finished it mainly so I could continue on to The Hard Way(which I liked better).

Of all the books I've read so far, Bad Luck and Trouble (in which Reacher meets up with several comrades from his old Army MP unit) was the most enjoyable. Believable plot, engaging characters, humor, action -- it was a fun read.

I kind of wish they'd chosen it for the movie instead of One Shot, but would still have no interest in seeing it with Tom Cruise playing the role of Jack Reacher.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote