View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Wifi-connection via laptop/pc

I just bought my ipad and I'm fairly happy with it. I'm sharing an internet connection with my brother next door, so I don't have a direct line connection to a router, just Wifi.
I can hook up to my brothers network with my laptop and ipad just fine, but I cannot use either of them in some of my condos rooms.

I have installed Connectify which is supposed to make a hotspot from my laptop. This way I could use the laptop at a point of reception as some kind of a repeater for the wifi-signal. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The ipad can see the hotspot and it connects to it. But that's about all. I don't get internet.
I can see, when I go to the properties status tab on my win7 laptop, that my laptop receives data and it also sends out about 1500 bytes. But after those it just stops.

Did anyone set up something like connectify or an adhoc network who would share what settings I have to choose to extend my Wifi-signal?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote