View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #25
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg_user View Post
Dropbox is free up to 2GB of storage, you need to pay to get more. I don't count on Dropbox exclusively here, I'm looking for any real-time on-the-fly notes synchronization solution. Let's say I'm taking notes in the meeting, I go back home and I have the same on my PC, that would be fantastic.
The DropBox stuff would just be a way to get data on and off the ereader. Synchronizing data is a higher level problem. Maybe you would be better off installing the sshd server package that I uploaded to this forum a few months ago to your ereader, and then using something like Filezilla on your desktop to copy data back and forth. I just tried the Linux version of Filezilla, and it works for accessing my ereader. You just have to specify the protocol to be SFTP and the port to be 1124, and give Filezilla a copy of the private RSA key (id_rsa) generated on the ereader. It looks pretty easy to keep directories synchronized after that.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote