View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
How far back are you going? Could you give examples of this please. I'd say they might have the climactic scene about 7/8s in and spend too long making sure everybody was properly dealt with, but half? Hmm.

I wouldn't use old books as an example, unless you're writing pastiche. Modern readers wouldn't put up with the exposition and reliance on telling over showing the story. IMO.
Was a lecture I had for my class in grad school goes, looking at literary methods of older stuff... as in 1000-1500 B.C. kind of older. One of hem was to have the conflict climax near middle, then fall off with resolution of conflict being somewhat anti-climatic towards the end.

Just made me wonder if any of that kind of thing still happens today.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote