View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #34
plunderydoo
Enthusiast
plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: WinMobile, Hanvon N516 w. OpenInkPot, eLyricon EBX-500, Iphone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Okay, I tried it again. It was much slower than Mobipocket Reader at pagination, and turned pages slower as well.

My problem with adding uBook is that there are vast numbers of 7, 8, 9 year old devices out there that are still perfectly functional. uBook won't run well on them becuase of the older, weaker CPUs.
In ubook-options set colordepth from 24Bit to 8Bit. That boosts performance a lot - especially on the old Cassiopeias. With a good Font you can also turn of Fontsmoothing (i never used it anyway). I am still using ubook on a Dell X5-Pda.
Before that i used ubook it with Casiopeia E-15/E105/E115/E125 over serveral years. In my opinion it is still one of most flexible readersoftware out there when reading rtf/Html/prc. I switched to ubook because the newer Mobipockets had problems with Greyscale devices like the Casio E-15 . On this Device Mobipocket give you a Black in Black screen.
RTF also didn't work with Mobipocket.

Regards
Plunderydoo
plunderydoo is offline   Reply With Quote